The first stage of the BRC Certification process is to understand the requirements of the Standard and what it means for your company. A detailed Gap Analysis to identify where you are now and where you need to be will help you understand what work is required and how to implement the changes.
Changes required usually fall into the following categories:
- Physical changes to buildings and facilities
- Physical changes to equipment and machinery
- Changes to working practices
- Changes to personnel practices
- Development and implementation of a Hazard and Risk Management/HACCP System
- Development and implementation of company management systems and procedures
- Training of management and personnel
Gap Analyses typically take 2-3 days on site with actions required being confirmed in a detailed recommendations report.
For more information please contact Keith Ogden.